- stop right there -
What is a douchebag? Many definitions and explanations come to mind. And, I assume, none of them is a positive one.
My concern, however, is how the word “bag” got into the mix.
So, let’s try to find the connection between a “douche” and a “bag”.
According to the Urban Dictionary, the term "douchebag" generally refers to a male (are we sure about that?) with a “certain combination of obnoxious characteristics related to attitude, social ineptitude, public behavior, …”
Why couldn’t it stop at douche?
Was the “bag” added, because it collects all the obnoxious characteristics of a douche- which (s)he, metaphorically, carries with him(her)? Or even worse- the person itself is considered to be a bag that carries in itself all those non-pleasant attributes?
That however, doesn’t give the Bag a good reputation.
The only way to correct this injustice, is to list just a few of the many positive things your bag can do for you:
- The first, and OBVIOUS one is, to carry your goodies around with (FOR!) you
- Elevate your, already beautiful, outfit
- Let you vent out your frustration after a long day, by throwing it into the far corner of the apartment (for fashion's sake, don’t do it!)
- Belly cover up (yep, we’ve all done it!)
- Smack someone in the head, if necessary
- Make you hide your face behind it (or cleavage, as Lady Di did, which is optional)
And my favourite one is… let the mess within it represent me, and tell so many details about me. :)